College Search Timeline
Your Junior Year of High School
- September: Dedicate yourself to your academics. Your junior year is a very important year academically when it comes to applying to college.
- October/November: Start attending college fairs and researching different colleges and universities. You’ll find there are many factors that go into deciding what kind of college will be the best fit for you.
- January: Make sure to join Trinity’s mailing list and receive all the latest news!
- March: Visit campus on a customized visit at any time or attend our Spring Visit Day where you can meet professors, tour campus and talk with current Trinity student. And make sure to register for the ACT and/or SAT.
- June: Contact a Trinity Admissions Counselor about the application process and financial aid information.
Your Senior Year of High School
- September: Submit your Trinity online application and application materials. Register for the SAT or ACT if you haven’t already and make sure to add Trinity’s code as one of the schools you’d like your scores sent to: SAT-4408, ACT-4453
- October: Attend Trinity’s Fall Visit Day
- September/October/November: Make sure to get in contact with your Trinity Admissions Counselor to talk about the application process
- December 1: Early Application Date. Students who apply by December 1 will receive an early decision.
- January 1: In order to be considered for financial aid you must submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov/ and make sure to add Trinity’s code 013525
- February 15: Preferred application deadline. Complete your application to receive priority consideration for all scholarships and housing awards. Awards will be determined on a case by case basis for applications received after Feb. 15.
- March: Attend Trinity’s Spring Visit Day if you haven’t visited campus
- April 1: Registration for Summer Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR) opens. Students who have paid the enrollment fee and submitted all forms needed by admissions should register for SOAR.
- April: RSVP for Trinity’s annual Admitted Student Overnight. Stay overnight on campus at this fun filled event where you will meet other admitted students, faculty and current Trinity students.
- May 1: National College Decision Day. Make sure to submit your Enrollment Fee by this day to guarantee your spot at Trinity.
- May: If you’ve committed to Trinity and paid your enrollment fee, keep an eye out for your “New Student Enrollment Packet.” This will include information about Summer Orientation, Advising & Registration, setting up your Trinity email and database account, housing and meal plans!
- June: Make sure to request your final high school transcripts be sent to Trinity.
- June/July/August: Summer Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR) Days
- August: Welcome Weekend Orientation